Job ID: WNYSSSI117
Software Support Specialist
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Software Support Specialist in our Grand Island, NY office to join our rapidly-growing custom solutions and advisory services practice. Our project work and scope continues to grow with a client base on three continents, all who have come to value our honest, unique approach to helping them advance their definitions of performance and value. The successful candidate will work within our Facility Optimization Solutions (FOS) team and will be responsible for:
- Delivering web-based training with the ability to anticipate areas of difficulty and possess analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of the FOCUS software to provide technical support to staff and our clients.
- Train and support end users of our Facility Optimization Software application via phone and remote access.
- Troubleshoots diagnoses and resolves routine Windows and network connectivity problems.
- Learn and incorporate industry knowledge along with specific application usage principles into training and support activities. Prepare routine end user and support staff instructions and assist in the development of training and orientation materials.
- Develop custom reports using Crystal reports and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding application enhancements, user support needs and improving customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate new customer implementations, providing effective training to maximize use of the software.
- Assist in testing new software releases.
Qualified candidates will have an Associate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field. Bachelor degree preferred. Previous internship experience preferred. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Self-motivation and ability to work well independently in a fast paced environment is essential. Experience with Windows Domain administration, database application use and support, report writing, SQL queries, software development and deployment, SQL programming, software support and training procedure implementation, and advanced knowledge of using web-based applications required. Familiarity with the A/E/C industry is a plus. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.