CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Architectural Specifications Writer based in our (insert location) office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
This position will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types to include education, healthcare, science and technology, commercial, and interior design initiatives, and other diverse building types. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
· Produce project specific Project Manuals utilizing the CannonDesign standards.
· Manage multiple projects and deadlines - phases, milestone deliveries and various project delivery types.
· Coordinate the Project Manual efforts of all disciplines and consultants.
· Manage project specific Keynotes.
· Review in-progress drawings, ensuring complete and coordinated technical specifications and offering modifications and improvements
· Participate in the continual development and improvement of master specifications including its specialized content for project type or
regional conditions as well as sustainable content, based on project work.
· Maintain awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
· Participate in all process meetings scheduled for assigned projects.
· Self-check work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility.
· Collaborate with peers, via regularly-scheduled firm-wide specifications writers’ conference calls, to develop best practices and share
· Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, within the firm’s compliance policies.
· Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate Degree. Bachelor in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field preferred. A minimum of 1 year of related industry experience required. Knowledge of building codes and construction techniques is essential. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills. Must be proficient in MS Office. Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.