CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Plumbing Engineer based in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for leading the plumbing and fire protection design of projects. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for plumbing and fire protection systems and equipment.
- Oversee the design of plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
- Responsible for the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Responsible for overseeing and conducting field inspection of projects under construction.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members
Qualified candidates must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus). Minimum 10 years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. Projects include new construction and renovations of educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology building typologies. PE and LEED preferred. Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. The successful candidate must have experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.