CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer in our New York City office for workplace designers and teams seeking to shape the future of work. Across the country and across the world, our team has designed award winning and data-proven solutions that help organizations achieve their goals. We embrace new ideas, we welcome creative passion and we do all we can to empower our people.
We are seeking an innovative, hard-working individual interested in working at the forefront of interior design and workplace strategy. The ideal candidate will bring creative energy to our client-focused teams and share responsibility for the programming, conceptualization, development and integration of our strategic design solutions. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in all project phases including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Assist in the design development and documentation of interior spaces to include drawings of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, pattern plans, elevations, details, room finishes.
- Conduct research as directed for product and finish selections; assist in the development of finish plans and specifications.
- Provide assistance to the team in the selection or consideration and choice of building materials such as flooring, wall finish, ceilings, furnishings and other interior materials.
- Produce drawings and perform support functions as directed in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Assist in preparing renderings and other presentation materials.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design. Master degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design preferred. Minimum 2+ years of related experience required. Demonstrated success in design, planning, three dimensional modeling, graphic presentation, finish and documentation is essential. Must be well-versed in advanced computer graphics (Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, InDesign, 3dViz). Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.