Job ID: TORBIMIII1117
The successful candidate will perform in the role of Virtual Design and Construction Leader for the Toronto office and will be an integral part of design teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implement firm-wide VDC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and BIM-enabled processes, workflows and deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of new modeling and BIM-enabled design processes.
- Participate in the weekly VDC Bi-Weekly Meetings with all other VDC Office Leaders.
- Troubleshoot workflow challenges and technical issues with local model coordinators.
- Collaborate with local Design Model Managers and Model Managers.
- Lead monthly local and/or disciplinary VDC User Forums.
- Provide VDC orientations to new hires.
- Assist teams with start of new projects.
- Collaborate with office leaders to initiate VDC Planning Strategy Sessions with new project teams.
- Facilitate BIM Kick-off Meetings, BIM Execution Plans, BIM Use Cases, Level of Development (LOD), etc.
- Collaborate with office leaders to anticipate upcoming modeling needs.
- Serve as VDC Leader for local office marketing and client engagements.
- Participate in industry BIM/VDC events as a representative of CannonDesign.
- Collaborate with the Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Core Team and Digital Practice Office Leader to ensure that supporting technologies are in place to enable the efficient development of BIM-enabled project deliverables.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering or a related field. Bachelor degree in Architecture, Engineering or a related field preferred. Minimum of 7 years of related experience required. High-level of expertise in Revit in an architectural production environment, including the ability to administer, install, and configure both the base application and several customized add-ins. Demonstrated experience supporting Autodesk Revit, and a general aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support. General familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications. Ability to learn and transition between multiple applications within CannonDesign’s design technology suite, including Autocad, 3D Studio MAX Design, Navisworks, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Dynamo, and others. Experience in application customization through programming and scripting. Experience with virtual reality applications and hardware. Ability to provide a moderate level of support for the Microsoft Windows/Office desktop and Adobe Creative Suite products, along with an aptitude for PC support and network basics. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.