CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer based in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Electrical design of lighting, power distribution and communication systems including fire alarm systems.
- Assist in the review and markup of shop drawings and submittals
- Preparation of documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation.
- Assist in gathering information to respond to RFIs and review of change orders in the preparation of construction documents
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus). Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required. E.I.T., LEED accreditation preferred. Revit MEP experience required. AGI and SKM Power Tools experience preferred. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.