Job ID: STLSEII0218
St. Louis, MO
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer based in our St. Louis office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis and design of structural systems/components in steel, concrete, and masonry. Primary responsibilities include:
- Independently perform structural engineering on multiple projects that are for institutional [health/education], sports, and corporate/commercial buildings.
- Perform complex design calculations and limited custom detailing.
- Design complete structural system within established design parameters.
- Assemble contract documents to include drawings and specifications.
- Review and edit design specifications.
- Use engineering software to prepare construction drawings.
- Perform field observations during construction phase requiring a physical walk through of the site.
- Attend and participate in construction meetings.
Qualified candidates must have a MS in Civil Engineering with Structural minor, MS in Structural Engineering or Master of Architectural Engineering with Structural emphasis. Minimum of 4 years of experience with concrete and steel required. Masonry and wood design experience is a plus. Proficiency in Revit Structure, RISA, Ram Structural System, Microsoft Office is a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.