Job ID: WNYSSI0218
Sustainability Student Intern
CannonDesign has an exciting part-time temporary opportunity for a Sustainability Student Intern based in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This internship will provide students with an opportunity to be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Under the supervision of a project leader the primary responsibilities may include the following:
- Assist in developing greenhouse gas emission strategies on campus and building level, quantifying the impact of measures by researching the available technologies and best-practices for buildings, transportation and materials.
- Collect ideas and feedback from the client through surveys and community outreach.
- Create graphic visualizations that communicate results seamlessly to stakeholders
- Participate in project team and client meeting
- Development of sustainable design graphics
- Collect annual energy utility data for completed projects.
- Data collection and analysis of building energy and water usage.
- Assist with developing reports to communicate results to the client.
- Assist in energy and climate action plan research.May perform other duties as required.
Qualified candidates must be working toward a Bachelor or Master degree of Architecture, Engineering, Graphic Design or a related field. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data analysis and bringing data to life through creative and informative visualizations. Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics and organizational skills. Must be proficient in Excel. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator strongly desired. Familiarity with climate, energy analysis, and resilient design tools/software is considered a plus. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.