CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Project Accountant in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will partner with Project Managers across the firm to ensure financial performance on projects, report on project profitability and monitor project budgets. Key responsibilities will include:
- Review labor and expenses monthly and compare against project budgets and work plans.
- Analyze project performance on monthly basis and report to Project Managers and Operations Leaders.
- Participate with project teams to measure progress and profitability.
- Work with project managers to development and input new work plans.
- Review consultant invoices for accuracy according to contract/budget and timeliness of payments.
- Ensure that invoicing is timely and accurate according to contract.
- Responsible for coordinating and the collection of receivables.
- Prepare and analyze forecast to include review of project staffing and schedules, report of multi-office project revenue and review variances monthly.
- Assist with month end financial reporting for regional and consolidated publication.
- Occasional travel to assigned region - site visits are to include a review of project performance, work plans, staffing and status of collections with Project Managers and Operations Leader.
- Assist with year-end audit schedules.
- Other ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of four years of related accounting experience. Experience in a professional services firm strongly preferred. Must be detail oriented, an analytical thinker, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency with MS Office is required; Deltek Vision experience preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.