CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in our Boston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The successful candidate will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and responsible for interfacing with project teams, equipment suppliers, consultants and clients. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform designs of ductwork, piping, equipment selection for HVAC systems or plumbing, fire protection systems for building design, independently for smaller/less technical projects; supervision of senior engineer for complex projects.
- Calculate heating and cooling loads, layout and design ductwork and piping using computer software.
- Prepare CAD production drawings of HVAC systems from schematic to construction design phases with the support of dedicated technical staff as needed.
- Prepare and edit specifications relating to existing or new projects.
- Specify mechanical, equipment such as boilers, chillers, and air handling units.
- Review submittals and shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents. Participate or lead value engineering sessions with Architectural/Engineering team.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems focus). Minimum of 4 years of related experience required. EIT or PE preferred. Familiarity with Revit, Trane Trace, or similar platforms preferred. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential. Site visits frequently require a physical walk through of site and may be done independently.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.