CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in our Boston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The ideal candidate will perform in a lead mechanical engineering project role and assist leading and mentoring the mechanical engineering team. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for engineering for system concept, planning, design analysis, code compliance; final design including bidding and construction documents and specification preparation; construction administration including resolution of construction issues; and interfacing with project teams, equipment suppliers, consultants, and clients.
- Sustainable and energy responsive system selection and coordination with architectural and other disciplines for building conceptual design.
- HVAC load calculations and select equipment.
- Design central utility plants (CUP).
- Supervise and review plumbing and fire protection design efforts.
- Perform code searches and comply with code requirements.
- Energy modeling
- Create flow and control schematic drawings, specify control systems, and author sequences of operations for building and utility control systems.
- Review design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Provides input on design and process improvements.
- Reviews and manage design budgets and schedules.
- Progressive design and project management responsibilities.
- Writing design narratives & engineering analysis.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited program and a minimum of 7 years experience in designing large commercial and institutional HVAC and building utility systems. P.E. preferred. Familiarity with Revit, Trane Trace, or similar platforms. Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Experience developing complete mechanical system design of air and hydronic systems while assisting in cost control, work plans and project staffing. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.