CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Administrative Assistant in our Toronto office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in a senior administrative assistant role and will provide administrative support to office leadership and staff. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate out of office meetings for leadership, make travel arrangements.
- Assist Project Managers with sub-contract execution and monitor sub-contractor insurance certificates.
- Prepare and format letters, memos, transmittals, meeting minutes, presentation materials, reports and other documents using advanced features of Word and PowerPoint.
- Assist with scheduling activities and coordinate requests for meetings, including arranging space, equipment set up, and ordering refreshments/food.
- Manage and track invoices, submit to Accounting for timely processing and assist in the completion of expense reports.
- Assist with proposal preparation and delivery.
- Manage incoming and outgoing construction administration documents and report to CA staff and project managers.
- Reception desk coverage including answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Oversight of on-going office maintenance, liaise with contractors for necessary repairs.
- Manage materials library and vendor lunch and learns.
- Work with IT on equipment troubleshooting and work station set up for new hires.
- Assist with new hire onboarding in partnership with Human Resources.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree. Minimum of 10 years of experience working as an Administrative Support professional with prior experience working as a senior administrative support professional required. Experience in the Architectural, Engineering or Construction industry strongly desired. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong time management, attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must. Ability to work in highly collaborative and fast-paced deadline driven environment. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Deltek or other accounting software required. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.