CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, architects, interior designers, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges. We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Interior Designer to be a member of the Corporate/Commercial Interiors team in our Chicago office.
The successful candidate will lead teams in the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Lead the conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional conceptual development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Develop all aspects of furniture packages and specifications.
- Independently evaluate and select materials, develop finish palettes, consult with vendors, and inform project specifications.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
- Guide the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with technical leadership.
- Partner with our internal Client Leaders and our clients to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Collaborate with the Practice Leader and our Project Managers throughout pursuits and project effort, and demonstrate cooperative and supportive engagement within the design studio.
- Generate and support a positive team environment through participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Masters degree is preferred. Minimum of 7 years of related experience working on corporate/commercial interiors projects required. NCIDQ certification or licensed architect candidates are preferred. In addition to strong design skills, strong technical skills and knowledge of building and life safety codes is required. Excellent communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential as well as proven exceptional graphic and compositional skills. Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) are required while capabilities of modeling/rendering (3D Vis, Vray, etc.) are encouraged. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.