CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Science & Technology Planner based in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the art science & technology market intelligence to the client and project team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and contribute to the thought leadership of science & technology planning and design projects.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings with clients, consultants and team members.
- Work in teams with architects, designers, and engineers to develop comprehensive strategies and solutions to planning designs and renovations.
- Interact with client/user groups throughout project development from programming through documentation
- Analyze, manage and graphically summarize research data ranging from database to industry trends
- Prepare and present client presentations to include drawings, models and narratives.
- Represent the firm as a key member of the business development team, participating in presentations, and interviews for prospective clients.
- Provide guidance and advice to other designers and project leaders.
- May manage and direct science and technology planning and design staff
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Masters of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration and/or LEED accreditation preferred. Minimum of 10 years of Science and Technology design and planning experience required. Proficiency with Revit is required. Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must. Knowledge of Deltek Vision and Microsoft Office, with emphasis on MS Project, is preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.