Job ID: CHIRSIII0418
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Resource Specialist to join our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and managing the resource library and database. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Meet with product reps for product and catalogue updating.
- Build and maintain relationships with reps and dealers.
- Manage product samples.
- New Product research. Inspect new furniture and materials for appropriate certifications, code compliances and performance standards for commercial design applications.
- Write and update product specification comparison and life cycle cost analysis spreadsheets and reports.
- Organize special events, educational seminars and presentations for the architectural and interior design staff.
- Participate in industry events.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture preferred. Minimum of 7 years of related experience required. Knowledge of FF&E selection, client presentation, specifications and bid packages required. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.