Job ID: PASCMIV0518
- Manage all site-based gkkworks/CannonDesign personnel and directs all entities sub-contracted to participate in the project
- Review and understand the project’s contract documents inclusive of the drawings and written specifications.
- Participate in initial project budget preparation and develop preliminary schedules and assist with the constructability review and site logistics planning during the preconstruction phase of a project.
- Participate in and drive constructability reviews with the design team of the documents to understand the design intent (D/B projects).
- Responsible for the documentation of the field record of the project through ensuring the execution of “Daily Reports”, “Meeting Minutes” and other pertinent documentation representing the company’s construction implementation in the field.
- Receive Change Order Requests (COR) from the sub-contractors. Research and validate relative to the contract documents in conjunction with the CM and the MEP Coordinator (if applicable).
- Apply technical expertise in interpretation of drawings and specifications and other contract documents for constructability, bid-ability, site access, staging, material lay-down, recommending construction methods, equipment, and changes to maximize the ultimate success of the project.
- Provide oversight to the establishment site logistics and organization inclusive of the fulfillment of the “Site Startup Checklist”.
- Supervise the total construction effort including craft employees and sub-contractors to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Plan, coordinate, inspect and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, safety) and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing and related items.
- Resolve unforeseen site conditions, unplanned interferences, contract discrepancies, and other construction conflict problems and disputes between contractor, site staff, inspector, project manager and professional consultants.
- Evaluate, resolve conflicts and negotiate, approve, and process requests for payment by subcontractors.
- Responsible for the team’s compliance to appropriate project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Monitor construction progress and costs; take corrective action as required to mitigate impacts to the schedule and budget.
- Identify risks associated with schedule, changes, safety and constructability issues associated with the design/build process.