Job ID: LAPEIB518
gkkworks/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer based in our Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) project office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily coordination of projects by planning, organizing, and controlling technical aspects of the assignments on site. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Review the plans and financial projections for the job to be sure that they are accurate and reasonable
- Create project schedules and monitor contractors to assure the work is done properly and on time
- Meet regularly with all parties involved in the project, including the contractors and the client, to provide status updates and answer questions
- Responsible for project documentation, including RFI logs, Change Order Logs, Submittal Logs, etc.
- Responsible for field and project engineering, quality control, contract administration, shop drawing review, submittals, scheduling, and related support functions
- Change order management: administrating, pricing, submission and tracking
- Assist Project Manager in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
- Coordinate and review drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system
- Prepare and track progress payments and estimates
- Assist in subcontract administration: defining scope of work, answering inquiries, monitoring progress, tracking and processing payments
Qualified candidates must have 2+ years of construction experience in a Project Engineer role. Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture is preferred. Flexibility with project locations is essential along with the ability to inspire team morale. Strong team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and be comfortable handling complex project issues. Proficiency in Procore or other windows based construction management software strongly preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.