gkkworks/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Preconstruction Manager based in our Irvine, CA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the direction of all estimating activities in the Construction practice. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct constructability reviews, oversee scheduling and provide input to the bidding and proposal preparation process.
- Manage and administer department functions including organizing workloads and making work assignments for estimators.
- Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to pursue, including strategies and techniques.
- Conduct constructability reviews.
- Review all estimate packages and budgets to insure accuracy and completeness prior to formal submission.
- Oversee and review schedules.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and clients. May be responsible for closing “sale.”
- Review contracts and subcontracts.
- Approve invoices.
- Prepare quarterly reports.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Supervise, train and evaluate the estimating staff; make recommendations for salary adjustments, promotions and other personnel actions.
Qualified candidates must have 15+ years of related experience in similar construction estimating and related functions, of which at least 5 years in a management position. Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred. Preferred certifications include LEED and Certified Professional Estimator. Thorough knowledge of how corporate objectives impact estimating, estimating strategies, techniques and construction contracts required. Strong supervision, team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Proficiency in Timberline or other windows based construction estimating software is required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.