Job ID: IRVSEIV0518
gkkworks/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Estimator based in our Irvine, CA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will provide technical estimating preconstruction services including quantification of work items, preparation of conceptual estimates, scope development and analysis, pricing and processing of subcontractor bid quotations. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Produce conceptual and detailed estimates independently.
- Keep up-to-date with current construction pricing for materials and labor.
- Review all estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission.
- Participate in presentations to clients.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Review subcontractor quotations for completeness and accuracy.
Qualified candidates must have 10+ years of construction estimating experience of which at least 3 years supervisory experience in a preconstruction capacity. Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or related field preferred. Thorough knowledge of how corporate objectives impact estimating, estimating strategies, techniques and construction contracts required. Proficiency in Timberline or other windows based construction estimating software strongly preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.