Job ID: PASPAIB0518
gkkworks/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Project Accountant based in our Pasadena, CA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will oversee project accounting operations in support of multiple construction projects. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Partner with Project Managers on project data input into our accounting software Deltek, PSUs, reports and other project related issues.
- Generate, revise and reconcile invoices.
- Collect data and perform invoice reconciliations on complex billing transactions.
- Create new projects in Deltek.
- Change project/phase status updates and revise/reconcile budgets.
- Provide support for clients, vendors and consultants.
- Review contracts, payments and vouchers for accuracy.
- Organize contractor releases.
- Oversee the monthly close process for the assigned projects.
- Prepare monthly billing reports and other reports to be used by management for analyzing financial information.
- Hold monthly billing meetings to review status.
- Create and prepare AR reports.
- Generate and save financial reports after monthly close.
- Make phone calls to collect delinquent accounts.
- Provide documents to internal and external auditors as requested.
Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of construction accounting experience functioning as a Project Accountant or Construction Administrator. Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is required. Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices and reporting guidelines. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and financial software packages. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.