CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Discipline Leader based in our St. Louis office. With history spanning over 100+ years, CannonDesign is an award winning, multi-national A/E firm and proud to be consistently recognized as one of the top 20 engineering firms in the world by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
Our engineering teams are inspired by the art of problem solving and the limitless possibilities involved in building performance. Whether providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing or structural engineering, they harness industry-leading technology and thought leadership in nearly every building type to deliver future-focused systems that integrate science, art and inventive new ideas. Click on the link to learn more about our engineering services: http://en.calameo.com/read/004630366583299b8c1f5
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the electrical engineering team to meet client and project requirements. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with Office Engineering Leaders and other firm leadership to develop, support and implement key initiatives that advance an innovative engineering practice.
- Execute electrical engineering project work in collaboration with local and firm-wide multidisciplinary teams.
- Pursue integrated A/E and engineering-only project work.
- Participate in business development activities and act as a subject matter expert.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Serve as a Project Engineering Leader and Project Manager.
- Communicate practice and discipline goals to the electrical engineering group and implement plans to meet these goals.
- Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- Manage office discipline staffing and project status.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus). PE required and the ability to obtain licensure in multiple states. Minimum of 12 years of experience in healthcare, science & technology, education and/or corporate commercial projects required. Previous experience leading a team strongly desired. Candidate requires technical expertise in the following building electrical systems: medium and low voltage power distribution, lighting, lighting control systems, fire alarm, and emergency/standby power systems. LEED certification preferred. Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. Experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients is a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.