Job ID: SDARCHIV0518
San Diego, CA
- Work with clients and project principals to develop and negotiate budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Project Manager and/or Business Practice Leader to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve quality, budget, schedule and profitability objectives.
- Enter and maintain project staffing data in Deltek Vision Project/Resource Planning.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
- Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to team members.
- Identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Meet with project team members on a regular basis to monitor work in progress and to assure that the firm’s best practice standards and procedures are being implemented.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and as targeted for each project.
- Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects.
- Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams.
- Prepare proposals and develop fees in conjunction with project leadership.
- Participate in key meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations.
- Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- Promote value-added relationships with clients through expansion of firm service offerings and thought leadership on issues pertinent to clients.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.