CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be a member of our multi-disciplinary design team and will be provided mentoring opportunities working under our senior engineering leadership. There will be opportunities to work on various types of renovation and new construction projects for commercial and institutional building types including Healthcare, Education, Sport & Recreation, Corporate Commercial and Science & Technology. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Select HVAC Equipment and design piping and ductwork distribution systems.
- Perform engineering related calculation including pump head calculations, static pressure calculations and building heating and cooling load calculations.
- Work in a Revit Model to design and produce HVAC Construction Documents.
- Assist with editing specifications related to the systems being designed.
- Participate in the Construction Administration process.
- Develop details specific to the project.
- Participate in meetings and interoffice coordination as the HVAC designer for the Architectural/Engineering Design Team.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering with a Mechanical Systems focus. Minimum of 2 years of related experience required. EIT preferred. Familiarity with Revit, Trane Trace, or similar platforms preferred. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.