Job ID: WNYATGIII618
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Accountant in our Grand Island, NY office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists,futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will assist the Controller and Assistant Controller in diverse general ledger andtax assignments including ad hoc reporting, cost analysis, pensions, and tax compliance. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in the preparation of profit and loss statements and participate in monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Participate in the preparation, review of budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents.
- Monitor and review accounting related reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Maintain accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Balance and reconcile accounts on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare financial statements on either a regular schedule or as needed.
- Assist with the fiscal year-end audit process and fixed asset accounting.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies as assigned.
- Ensure assigned financial practices are legal and within the guidelines as outlined by federal and state laws.
- Participate in due diligence and purchase accounting for acquisition targets. This process may include minimal travel.
- Prepare and coordinate the year-end tax process with outside CPA firms.
- Will participate in budget planning meetings.
- May participate in the auditing of expense reports.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Minimum of 5 years of related experience and CPA required. Audit and tax experience with a public accounting firm highly desirable. Strong leadership,organizational and communication skills are essential. Must be highly proficient with MS office. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, genderidentity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be consideredwithout regard to citizenship/alienage.