Job ID: PASCPAIII0618
Construction Project Accountant
gkkworks/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Project Accountant based in our Pasadena, CA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will oversee project accounting operations in support of multiple construction projects. This will require some time spent on-site at the client location in Pasadena. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Receive, process & review Applications for payment and Invoices from Construction Companies and Architectural Firms who are working on our client’s projects.
- Coordinate payments through the client’s accounting group (client will make actual payments).
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital contract and account records for client’s projects.
- Maintain organized system of capital expenditure program accounting using Procore & excel spreadsheets.
- Ensure that all vendors comply with established contract and insurance terms.
- Revise/reconcile capital project budgets.
- Review contracts and invoices for accuracy.
- Monitor the progress of projects.
- Organize and track contractor releases.
- Prepare monthly billing reports and other reports to be used by management for analyzing financial information.
- Attend monthly budget review meetings to review status.
- Create and prepare project account reports monthly.
Qualified candidates must have 8+ years of construction or architecture project accounting/administration experience functioning as a Project Accountant or Construction Administrator. Associate degree in Business or related field is preferred. Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices and reporting guidelines is required. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and financial software packages. On-site construction project experience is preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.