CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our Houston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will provide a high level of administrative support to the Houston office. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative support to project managers and office leadership.
- Prepare AIA contracts.
- Prepare, memos, transmittals, minutes, presentation materials, reports and other documents using advanced features of Word and PowerPoint.
- Assist the Construction Administrator in coordination of procedures at the start of each project.
- Create project submittal ID sheet, RFI form and set up specific job files/books.
- Set new projects in Procore and enter all pertinent information.
- Log Change Order requests (COR) and route for review to project leadership. Receive, log and route all submittals and RFIs, maintain logs and produce status reports.
- Coordinate construction administration reporting and compliance with our Grand Island office.
- Maintain owner/contractor agreements and insurance certificate and bonds.
- Follow through accurately on assigned administrative tasks such as scheduling activities, coordination requests for meetings.
- Assist in the completing of expense reports.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site meetings and events and arrange for off-site meeting space.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Order office supplies and manage shipping and printing needs.
- Provide back-up reception desk coverage when needed.
Associate degree in related field required, Bachelor degree preferred. Minimum of 7 years of related experience working as an Administrative Support professional in professional services required. Experience in construction administration coordination strongly preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must. Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint necessary. Experience with Deltek Vision or other accounting software, as well as experience with InDesign or other graphics software, preferred. Notary Public preferred. Architectural, Engineering or Construction industry experience a plus.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.