Job ID: WNYACTIA618
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Accountant in our Grand Island, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our corporate financial accounting team. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare account reconciliations as part of month end closing, including cash, fixed assets and other balance sheet accounts.Adhere to and promote proper accounting internal control procedures.
- Assist with financial statement and other regulatory audits.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of basic regulatory and tax filings.
- Research and resolve unusual accounting transactions or discrepancies.
- Ensure assigned financial practices are legal and within the guidelines as outlined by federal and state laws.
- May participate in budget planning meetings.
- May participate in review and processing of expense reports.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and perform other tasks as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Strong communication skills, exceptional time management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines is essential. Must have broad knowledge of accounting, be dedicated and eager to learn. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.