Job ID: CHIAAII0618
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Administrative Assistant based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The successful candidate will provide a high level of administrative support to the Education Market and Office Leadership. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Type and format letters, memos, transmittals, minutes, presentation materials, reports and other documents using Word and PowerPoint.
- Prepare moderate to complex spreadsheets, database work in Excel.
- Assist in completing expense reports.
- Compose and edit simple to moderately complex documents.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site meetings and events, including meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Assist with the coordination of social events sponsored by the firm
- Work with the firm’s travel agency to make travel arrangements.
- Assist in providing switchboard relief.
- Screen calls, email, or correspondence as directed.
- Maintain records for financial status of projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients on administrative matters.
- Cross train in administrative functions and tasks as directed by supervisor
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
Associate degree in related field required, Bachelor degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years of related experience working as an Administrative Support professional in professional services required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must. Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint necessary. Experience with Deltek Vision or other accounting software, as well as experience with InDesign or other graphics software, preferred. Notary Public preferred. Architectural, Engineering or Construction industry experience a plus. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.