CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Benefits and Compensation Manager based in our Chicago, IL office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of our firm wide Human Resources team and will demonstrate strategic thinking and creativity to ensure progressive total rewards in a competitive recruitment and retention environment. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform and direct management and administration of employee benefits in a multi-national and multi-state professional services firm.
- Work with brokers to conduct annual reviews and adjustments to benefits in the U.S., Canada and India.
- Lead projects such as broker and vendor searches and benefits software evaluations.
- Manage 401(k) plan administration including compliance activities, participant communication, due diligence, and fund monitoring.
- Partner with Finance Department regarding employee communication and administration of privately-held company stock
- Manage self-funded health insurance including ASO and stop loss components.
- Manage administration of non-qualified 409A deferred compensation plan.
- Manage wide range of company-provided insured, self-funded, and voluntary benefits such as life, disability, AD&D, long-term care, salary continuance, paid time off, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, officer profitability plan, flexible spending account, health savings account, and other programs.
- Perform M&A activity such as due diligence, benefits analysis, plan mergers, and benefits integration.
- Manage benefit-related employee communications. Prepare materials and conduct presentations regarding benefit changes, open enrollment, M&A orientations, and new employee orientations.
- Analyze internal and external compensation data including geographic issues and ensure pay equity. Participate in internal pay equity reviews.
- Recommend compensation approaches and strategies to remain competitive.
- Manage compensation practices and processes for annual compensation and bonus reviews.
- Manage input to appropriate salary surveys.
- Supervise benefits specialist.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related field. Professional certification preferred. Must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience. Knowledge of employment and benefits law including ERISA and ACA required. Experience with 401(k)s, establishing creative and forward thinking employee benefits strategies, and presenting business cases with cost detailing. Experience with self-funding, 409A, a creative professional workforce, and a federal contractor environment a plus. Prior experience in designing and implementing salary structures and incentive compensation plans is preferred. Strong analytical, attention to detail, time management skills and excellent judgment needed. Professionalism, tact, flexibility, and diplomacy are essential. The ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently, organize and present information effectively is essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and cover letter.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.