gkkworks Construction Services/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Project Manager based in our San Francisco International Airport project office. We are an integrated global architecture/engineering/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, and contract administration functions. Additional primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate in managing projects of varying degrees of complexity and size, including construction observation, change requests, and document preparation and controls.
- May represent the firm as the primary contact with the owner and contractor on construction related issues.
- Participate and take responsibility for project budgeting and value engineering.
- Oversee constructability reviews and construction scheduling.
- Oversee and coordinate construction activities.
- Promotes harmony and teamwork, command a high degree of influence between owner, contractor, architect, consultants, subcontractors and vendors.
- Provide construction reports on all site visits and construction meetings.
- May have opportunities to manage and direct project team members on site visits.
- Review and monitor shop drawings.
- Manage the request for RFI process.
- Complete final punch-list inspection and manage closeout documentation.
- May conduct construction progress meetings.
- Keep Principal, Project Manager, and team leaders informed of construction related issues including progress of construction, quality of workmanship and compliance with the contract documents.
- Ensure field feedback is incorporated into the improvement of office procedures and standards.
- Walk through construction sites with uneven surfaces and obstacles.
Qualified candidates must have 7+ years of construction-related experience of which at least 2 years functioning in a Project Manager role. Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or related field preferred. Design-build experience a plus. Demonstrated expertise in estimating, scheduling, budgeting and cost control, field supervision, and financial reporting required. Strong supervision, team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Proficiency in MS Scheduling, Primavera, Procore or other windows based construction management software strongly preferred. Must be able to pass any airport security background checks that may be required by clients. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.