Job ID: CHIPFPII0718
Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology building typologies. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Plumbing design of piping and equipment selection for plumbing, pressurized gasses and fire protection systems for building design.
- Preparation of documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation.
- Assist in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
Qualified candidates must have Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Plumbing/Mechanical Systems focus). Minimum five years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience required. PE and LEED accreditation preferred. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.