CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced BIM Coordinator based in our Toronto, ON office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work closely with our firmwide BIM Leadership and VDC Teams in helping advance BIM Maturity in our firm and function as Design Model Manager for projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in the development and adherence to project’s BIM/VDC Standards by anticipating modeling needs and contributing to the development of BIM-enabled processes at the project, local and firmwide level.
- Be a primary author for BIM Project Execution Plans (BIMPxP), BIM & Level of Development Matrix, working in close collaboration with project teams, discipline model managers, VDC Teams and BIM Leadership.
- Lead BIM kickoff meeting with project teams and consultants to ensure that they are all aware of and adhering to the BIM related contract language, BIMPxP and LOD Modeling Matrix.
- Proactively audit and troubleshoot workflow challenges. Raise the bar in generating and utilizing metadata inherent to our virtual constructs, as foundational information for coordination, scheduling, cost analysis, optimization, automation, simulation, and related analytics.
- Proactively audit models to ensure that we are meeting our BIMPxP and LOD and identify education opportunities for the team.
- Collaborate with the Technology in Practice Team(s) to ensure that supporting technologies are in place to enable the efficient development of BIM-enabled project deliverables and solving design technology related issues.
- Provide BIM and VDC Project-centric orientation/ training for new and existing staff
- Identify and assist in creating content to enhance our digital asset and detail libraries.
- Contribute to local and firmwide marketing and client engagements.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering or a related field. Bachelor degree in Architecture, Engineering or a related field preferred. Minimum of 5 years of related experience required. High-level of expertise in Revit in an architectural production environment, including the ability to administer, install, and configure both the base application and several customized add-ins. Demonstrated experience supporting Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and Planning, data management and BIM collaboration Tools such as dRofus or Codebook. Candidates must have a general aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support, as well as familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications. Ability to learn and transition between multiple applications within CannonDesign’s design technology suite, including AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX Design, BIM 360 suite, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Dynamo, among others. Experience with virtual reality applications and hardware is desired. Experience in application customization through programming and scripting, a plus. Ability to provide a moderate level of support for the Microsoft Windows/Office desktop and Adobe Creative Suite products, along with an aptitude for PC support and network basics. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.