CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an entry-level Interior Designer based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of interior designers, architects, strategists, researchers, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
We are seeking an innovative, hard-working individual interested in working at the forefront of interior design and workplace strategy. This entry level position will focus on interior architecture and will actively collaborate with design and technical leadership as an integral part of project teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in all project phases including Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
- Assist with furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) throughout all phases of interior design work.
- Assist in the design development and documentation of interior spaces to include drawings of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, pattern plans, elevations, details, room finishes, etc.
- Conduct research as directed for product and finish selections; assist in the development of finish plans and specifications.
- Assist in preparing presentation boards, preparing computerized renderings and other presentation materials.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture from an accredited program or Bachelor in Interior Architecture. Master degree preferred. Related internship experience required. Revit proficiency required. A strong creative design portfolio is essential as is exceptional rendering and graphic skills. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.