Job ID: CHIPFPDL0718
Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering Discipline Leader
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering Discipline Leader based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the PFP engineering team to meet client and project requirements. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology building typologies. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with Office Engineering Leaders and the Firm-Wide Discipline leader to develop, support and implement key initiatives that advance an innovative engineering practice.
- Serve as a Project Engineering Leader (PEL) and as a subject matter expert to win work and assist other teams in winning work.
- Preparing documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for Plumbing/Fire Protection systems and equipment.
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Engineering Principal, to develop project and client goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, give input on proposals and development of fees.
- Participation in industry-wide and professional organizations relating to your registration.
- Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- Oversee the design of plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
- Lead the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Assume responsibility for field inspection of projects under construction.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus). Registration as a Professional Engineer is a plus. Minimum 15+ years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. Proficiency with BIM applications AND Revit desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. The successful candidate must have experience mentoring and training staff. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.