CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced healthcare Interior Designer/Architect with a passion for detail, documentation and technical skills based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative studio and work on various healthcare interiors project teams to provide technical expertise. This position will also advance the development of interior architectural design solutions as part of a team working on award-winning projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional concept development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Develop quality technical documentation for interior spaces.
- Ensure the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with project leadership.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Minimum of 4 years of interior design experience with healthcare project experience required. NCIDQ or NCARB certification preferred. Strong technical skills, knowledge of building and life safety codes is required. Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.