CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Houston, TX office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in a design role on projects and will be ready to challenge and explore design ideas from the conceptual stage through to completion of mid-large scale projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead design team through multi-phase project development cycle
- Incorporate business and communication objectives in strategic design solutions
- Generate conceptual design and provide full design support throughout project
- Participate in and facilitate client meetings, communicate project status, and build client relationships. Lead key meetings and presentations
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
- Develop represent, and lead design viewpoints on projects.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid-large scale projects. Architectural Registration and LEED accreditation preferred. Strong design aptitude and organizational skills, excellent technical skills, outstanding communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others are essential. Experience with Revit required. Proficiency in other design software such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketch-up, should be demonstrated with an emphasis on 3D modeling, rendering, and presentation of conceptual ideas. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.