Job ID: TORARCHIII818
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/BIM Coordinator based in our Toronto, ON office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of technical aspects and content of projects, providing leadership in the development and adherence to project’s BIM/VDC Standards and contributing to the development of BIM-enabled processes of projects through team collaboration. Additional primary responsibilities include:
- Leads project team from initial stages of pre-design, code, schematics and construction documents.
- Be a primary author for BIM Project Execution Plans (BIMPxP), BIM & Level of Development Matrix, working in close collaboration with project teams, discipline model managers, VDC Teams and BIM Leadership.
- Lead BIM kickoff meeting with project teams and consultants to ensure that they are all aware of and adhering to the BIM related contract language, BIMPxP and LOD Modeling Matrix.
- Proactively audit and troubleshoot workflow challenges. Raise the bar in generating and utilizing metadata inherent to our virtual constructs, as foundational information for coordination, scheduling, cost analysis, optimization, automation, simulation, and related analytics.
- Proactively audit models to ensure that we are meeting our BIMPxP and LOD and identify education opportunities for the team.
- Continuously checks on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Provide BIM and VDC Project-centric orientation/ training for new and existing staff
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
- Identify and assist in creating content to enhance our digital asset and detail libraries.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Master in Architecture preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. A minimum of 7 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Experience working on healthcare projects preferred. Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential. Revit proficiency mandatory. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.