Job ID: WNYARCII818
Accounts Receivable Collections / Accounting Clerk
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Collections / Accounting Clerk in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collections and processing of accounts receivables, will assist in various accounting functions, and will be an integral part of our accounting team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Gather and prepare accounting documents required to enhance account receivables collections.
- Set up and maintain accounts receivable files and other financial records.
- Collections outreach to clients through outbound collection calls and email.
- Follow up on past due balances and document collection efforts.
- Research and negotiate any chargeback claims.
- Prepare documentation for credit transactions.
- Prepare documentation for posting of receipts and charge backs to client accounts accurately and on a timely basis.
- Investigate and respond back on a timely bases regarding payment disputes.
- Process credit memos for any adjustment such as shortage, price discrepancy, currency adjustment, uncollectable write-offs, duplicate invoices.
- Maintain thorough, well organized account receivable files following firm accounting protocols.
- Reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts as appropriate; reconcile bank statements.
- Compile data and prepare required reports.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements.
- Assists in month end and year end closing.
- May prepare regular periodic and special accounting reports as requested by accounting leadership.
- May prepare, verify and process invoices and code payment documents.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of related accounts receivable/collections experience. Associate Degree in Accounting or related field preferred. Strong communication skills, exceptional time management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required, Deltek Vision experience a plus. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.