Job ID: IRVSCPMV0818
Senior Construction Project Manager
- Plan, organize, and staff key field office or management positions in conjunction with Project Director.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within guidelines of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and architect/engineer contracts to facilitate successful project execution. This includes attending client‐initiated meetings and ceremonial events as well as maintaining contact to ensure their satisfaction with on‐going projects for marketing purposes.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of the on‐site superintendent to ensure that the project is built on schedule and within budget. Coordinate the preparation of the schedule and long‐term planning.
- Develop bidding strategies and contract formats. Review, approve, and execute all project contracts and purchase orders for compliance with corporate policies and objectives.
- Evaluate construction progress and team performance to ensure projects are built on schedule and within budget.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect client and company interests: review and approve budgets, cost reports, owner’s reports, fee payment, rental equipment, income, expenses, etc.
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise the work of subordinate project managers and support staff. Provide support, direction, and encourage training of subordinate team members.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Oversee completion of project closeout.
- Participate in design development by providing the necessary liaison, when required, between preconstruction department and the owner.
- Provide technical assistance to all members of project team.
- Identify all potential legal problems and litigations for their projects and review them with the principal in charge.
- Take an active role in the Personal Development Plan process to develop and mentor subordinates toward a successful career with the company.
- Support and implement the company’s TQM program.
- Assist with Business Development efforts by developing and maintaining good relationships with owners, agencies, architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors. Pursue new work opportunities and inform sales and marketing of potential projects with current clients. Seek involvement in local organizations that have a community interest and serve to promote the interests of the company.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required.