gkkworks Construction Services/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Estimator based in our Irvine, CA office. We are an integrated global architecture/engineering/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will provide technical estimating services including quantification of work items, preparation of estimates, scope development and analysis, pricing and processing of subcontractor bid quotations. This individual will share responsibility for the scope and quality of the division’s work. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Produce conceptual, DD and CD level estimates independently.
- Keep up-to-date with current construction pricing for materials and labor.
- Oversee bid process.
- Review all estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission.
- Participate in presentations to clients.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Review subcontractor quotations for completeness and accuracy.
- Manage subcontractor database.
Qualified candidates must have 10+ years of construction estimating experience of which at least 3 years supervisory experience in an estimating capacity. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field preferred. Proficiency in construction estimating software strongly preferred. Thorough knowledge of how corporate objectives impact estimating, estimating strategies, techniques and construction contracts required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.