gkkworks | CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) project office. The position is a full-time, temporary opportunity for approximately 90 days. The assignment may be extended either at the LAWA location or another office in Southern California. We are an integrated global architecture/engineering/construction firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support to the Project Architect or Project Designer in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural materials and systems. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Independently and under limited direction, contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary team; design, selection, coordination and architectural detailing.
- Prepare and contribute to design and presentation efforts utilizing Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch-Up, and other programs as required.
- Independently develop and manage the REVIT model to produce plans, elevations and sections. With limited direction, produce REVIT section and plan details within all architectural phases.
- Prepare preliminary design sketches of small to moderate-sized site plans.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Assist in the development of design and concept drawings.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with engineers.
- May take on a leadership role within the team on a particular project issue or topic.
- Review shop drawing submittals with some guidance from the Project Architect.
- May attend field site inspections, which frequently involves a physical walk-through of the site.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program; Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. LEED Accreditation preferred. Minimum of 4 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Airport project experience preferred. Revit experience required. Strong creative design portfolio and strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.