CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Workplace Strategist to join the Workplace Strategy practice in our New York City office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
Our Consulting team takes a hands-on, analytical and people-oriented approach to creating innovative workplace solutions that produce results. As part of our work, we guide our clients through designing for the future of work: we leverage human experience and qualitative drivers in addition to analyzing hard data to map out patterns and pinpoint opportunities; and we use insights from these activities to envision strategies that optimize space utilization, drive high-performing teams and create dynamic, productive environments. Working closely with our architecture and interior design colleagues, we help bring these strategies to fruition, leading our clients through workplace changes, helping users shift mindsets, change behaviors and ultimately measuring and validating outcomes once they’re up and running.
Successful Consultants on our team will have a combination of creative and analytical abilities and interests. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage client engagements, including activities like user interviews, focus groups, presentations and work sessions.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversee consulting teams in collecting and analyzing user data pertaining to workplace and change management strategies.
- Analyze business workplace needs and develop findings from data, including visual reports and presentations.
- Perform research, derive insights and create written summaries of key ideas.
- Develop and communicate (verbally and visually) creative workplace options in response to research insights.
- Develop change management strategy and plans to enable successful transitions, considering the broader organizational and cultural objectives of our clients.
- Work with multi-disciplinary internal teams across a range of industries, including commercial, science and technology, educational and health clients.
- Participate actively in marketing CannonDesign’s multi-disciplinary consulting services, including responsibility for developing proposal content, scopes of work and interview materials.
- Travel as needed (20-40% of the time).
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a business or design related field. Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of 7 years of experience is required with a preference for candidates with experience working as a consultant in a professional services environment. Strong quantitative, research and analytical skills required. Strong visual, creative and communication skills required. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau/Power BI and Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.