Job ID: ALBARCHIV1018
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Construction Administrator based on-site in Albany, NY. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in a Construction Administration role and will be responsible for administering construction contracts on behalf of CannonDesign, with particular focus on quality control and cost control from project startup to closeout. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the prime liaison between construction managers/general contractors, client/owner and AE teams.
- Attend site meetings include scheduling, cost management, pre-installation and bi-weekly meetings.
- Review and interpret construction documents and develop and issue sketches related to field conditions and issues, coordinate the work with consultants and the project team.
- Process, review and answer Request for Information and submittals.
- Resolve problems which arise on the jobsite, coordinate bulletins to the contract documents, make recommendations, and consult client/owner on all issues related to the project.
- Monitor, review and process closeout submittals and perform periodic QA/QC construction site visits, including substantial presence at the construction site.
- Review payment applications and cost proposals.
- Prepare daily and other reports.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelors and/or Masters of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. A minimum of 10+ years of related experience required. Must be familiar with the commissioning process. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Must have strong client communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of Procore and Revit preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.