Job ID: LAWAARCHPMIV1018
Architect/ Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA
gkkworks | CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Project Manager based in our Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) project office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will serve as a construction administrator and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on a large design-build project. The individual will and engage with other design team members, contractors, the client and stakeholders to deliver services, creatively solve problems and maintain the construction schedule. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead the construction administration services effort for our portion of the project while working with other members of a co-located design-build team.
- Work to achieve quality, budgetary requirements, and schedule.
- Review and process RFI’s, samples, and submittals.
- Maintain project logs, site photos, and field logs and attend construction meetings.
- Identify and share lessons learned with other team members.
- Be a proactive resource to project team members in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative design/construction solutions.
- Meet with project team members on a regular basis to monitor work in progress and to assure that the firm’s best practice standards and procedures are being implemented.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation.
- Participate in key meetings and presentations as required.
- Develop and maintain positive client and design-build team relations.
- Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients/team members in a clear and compelling way.
- As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work.
- Promote value-added relationships with clients through expansion of firm service offerings and thought leadership on issues pertinent to clients.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other team members as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s in Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program and Architectural Registration preferred. Minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required with strong construction administration skills. Aviation project experience preferred. Effective communication, leadership and managerial skills, technical skills, champion creative performance, teamwork, presentation, and organizational skills required. Must be proficient in Revit. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.