CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant based in our Los Angeles office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The Executive Assistant will provide high level support to executive leaders in a collaborative, integrated, and deadline driven environment. Primary responsibilities include:
- Communicate effectively with executive leaders on administrative matters.
- Follow through accurately on assigned administrative tasks such as specific directions for projects, scheduling activities, coordination requests for meetings and interviews.
- Gather and coordinate information and assist with research.
- Produces information by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data and graphics using advanced features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications.
- Assist in managing calendars and completing expense reports, timesheets and make travel arrangements for assigned executives.
- Create and maintain files in accordance with firm standards including archiving.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site meetings and events, including arranging for off-site meeting space, meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Support other department initiatives when requested.
- Mentor administrative team members
Qualified candidates must have an Associate Degree and a minimum of five years of related experience providing professional administrative support to an executive. Experience working in the A/E/C industry strongly preferred. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and uphold a strict level of confidentiality a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must. Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience with Procore, Deltek Vision and/or other accounting software preferred. As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.