CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Electrical Systems Assessor to join our growing Facility Optimization Solutions (FOS) practice in our Denver, CO office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
FOS serves ongoing client demands of strategic planning and infrastructure investment solutions, providing the primary services of facility condition assessments, strategic planning, ADA compliance, risk assessments, preventative maintenance planning and asset tagging. Project scopes range from providing solutions for a single existing facility to hundreds of existing facilities. Our FOS team utilizes a software developed and maintained by CannonDesign, used by our team when conducting facility assessments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting facility condition assessments on the electrical systems for a variety of building types including healthcare, education, sports, public and commercial. Projects are typically short in duration and range from one to six months. The position will perform in the role of Lead Assessor on projects and will be responsible for work planning, monitoring project profitability, and ensuring work quality. Additional key responsibilities include:
- Conduct on-site facility condition assessments as part of a multidisciplinary team on existing buildings, evaluating building electrical systems.
- Work effectively and efficiently with client and other on-site personnel to assess client assets by maintaining a typical daily walk rate from 100,000 to 175,000 square feet per day.
- Lead day-to-day activities of assessment teammates during field assessments and on-site meetings including daily check-in with client and other on-site personnel as required.
- Determine condition, remaining useful life, required costs, and remedial measures.
- Provide technical identification and description of deficiencies ranging from concerns to critical issues.
- Identify recommendations for correction and describe in sufficient technical detail for future project planning and cost estimating.
- Interview building operations and maintenance staff to determine electrical system history, previous workorders, and operations information.
- Prepare project progress documentation for project manager review.
- Review work of peers. Actively participate in post-project reviews.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Bachelor degree in a related field preferred. Registration or licensure in related field is also preferred but not required. Technical certifications in a related field desired. Must have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Self-motivated and ability to work well independently in a fast paced environment is essential. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Deltek Vision, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam and the aptitude for tablet and mobile device tools preferred. Prior cost estimating experience is valued but not required. Ability to travel up to 50% for out of town assignments required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.