gkkworks Construction Services/CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager based in our Irvine office. Will work primarily from a satellite office in Riverside and project sites in the Inland Empire. We are an integrated global A/E/C firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, constructors, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, and contract administration functions. Additional primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and provide direction of the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
- Develop, review, approve and implement project budgets, schedules and contract bid documents.
- Conduct or assist Senior Project Manager with buy-out meeting and preparation of subcontracts.
- Initiate, establish and maintain working relationships with owner, architect, engineer, and subcontractors to facilitate construction activities. Organize, conduct and represent the company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
- Review and maintain complete knowledge of the general contract and subcontract documents.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting material deliveries, and the management of material and document submittals and approvals.
- Review and approve requisitions.
- May negotiate, prepare, issue and execute change orders (proposals) to owners, design team, subcontractors and other, and prepare revisions to the original budget as a result of changes and revisions to the work.
- Prepare and issue monthly owner progress reports, monthly pay applications, schedules and cost reports in coordination with the superintendent.
- Establish and monitor administrative procedures for the project. These procedures are to conform to established policies and procedures of the company.
- Assure that individuals, whose functions require knowledge and understanding of the general contract and subcontract requirements, receive and understand the information.
- Keep informed and ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
- Provide organization, direction and training of subordinate project team members.
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled project staff meetings.
- Participate and follow up on subordinate Personal Development Plans.
- Manage the closeout process.
- Support and implement the company’s TQM processes.
Qualified candidates must have 10+ years of construction-related experience of which at least 3 years functioning in a Project Manager role. Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or related field preferred. Demonstrated expertise in estimating, scheduling, budgeting and cost control, field supervision, and financial reporting required. Strong supervision, team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required. Proficiency in Procore or other windows based construction management software strongly preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesign employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.