CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Interior Architect / Designer in our Chicago, IL office to be part of a team seeking to shape the future of work. Across the country and across the world, our team has designed award winning and data-proven solutions that help organizations achieve their goals. We embrace new ideas, we welcome creative passion and we do all we can to empower our people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in the development and integration of all technical aspects and content of Corporate and Commercial Interiors projects. The position will be responsible to act as a liaison with the project manager and project designer, coordinate with architects, engineers and consultants, development of design documents into contract documents, and lead the construction administration effort on projects. Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Incorporate design solutions using CannonDesign standard procedure and project parameters.
- Effectively present ideas to clients, communicate project status, and build client relationships.
- Clearly communicate design issues and related technical components to clients.
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements, including time, budget, quality and scope.
- Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate and resolve project-related issues.
- Assist Project Manager in reviewing project performance.
- Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to project team members and provide support to design team.
- Identify scope and nature of documentation required on a project-by-project basis.
- Develop and monitor drawing mock-up and measure adherence to work plan.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design. Master degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design preferred. Professional registration and LEED accreditation preferred. Minimum 10+ years of Corporate/Commercial Interiors project experience on mid-to-large scale projects required. Demonstrated success in design, planning, specification, construction detailing and documentation for Corporate/Commercial Interiors required. Exceptional technical skills and knowledge of building and life safety codes is required. Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential. Must be experienced leading BIM project production teams and be proficient in Revit. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.