Job ID: BOSID1118
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer based in our Boston office. We embrace new ideas, we welcome creative passion and we do all we can to empower our people. CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will advance the development of Interior Design solutions as part of a collaborative team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist Senior Interior Designer and/or Project Manager with the execution of the project goals throughout all phases.
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional concept development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Development of furniture packages.
- Guide the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with technical leadership.
- Independently evaluate and select materials, consult with vendors, inform project specifications.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Minimum of 5 years of related experience on mid to large scale commercial / creative workplace projects required. NCIDQ certification preferred. Strong technical skills, knowledge of building and life safety codes required. Exceptional communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential. Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.