CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Graphic Designer based in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
We are looking for a highly creative environmental graphic designer to join our multi-disciplinary design team to engage and support on projects related to brand environments, signage and wayfinding, graphic programs, interpretive exhibits and donor recognition programs for multiple building typologies such as sports and recreation, higher education, corporate commercial, healthcare, and science and technology. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Involvement in all phases of the design process from conceptual development through artwork production.
- Make recommendations for concept, design, art direction, and production for a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, signage and exhibits.
- Under direct supervision and partnership with the environmental graphics team, design a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, maps, print layouts for exhibits and signage.
- Work with selected clients and participate in the interpretation and translation of their expressed needs and ideas into concepts.
- Prepare photo visualizations and mockups of proposed signgage for placement, content and/or usage.
- Prepare camera-ready artwork for fabrication.
- Work with vendors/fabricators.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Architecture or related design discipline. A minimum of 2 years of related work experience required. Strong background in typography highly valued. Must demonstrate skill and interest in 3-dimensional design, wayfinding, exhibition design and environments. Proficiency on Macintosh in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign required, skills in AutoCAD and Sketchup a plus. Strong design orientation, communication skills, ability to collaborative well and attention to detail are essential. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.